Tuesday, September 7, 2010

lessons to be learned

Good morning, world. Just a little epiphany I had this morning, I thought I'd share. If I am supposed to set an example for my children, then why do I behave so badly in front of them? And why do I get so upset when they behave badly in front of me?
When my children act up and are disobedient, it frustrates me beyond belief. It occured to me that when I act up and am disobedient to God, it frustrates Him. The difference is His grace is sufficient and His mercy is new every morning.
I seem to be asking my children all the time, "How many times have I told you.............?" and I realized that God tells me over and over, in His word, how I should live and what I should say. And yet, I still don't listen sometimes.

Heavenly Father,
Please forgive me for acting like a spoiled brat sometimes. Help me to see my children the way you see me. Shower me with your grace so I may give my children the same grace that You bestow upon me, day after day. Thank You for blessing me with 3 beautiful, healthy children. Thank You for the air in my lungs every morning and for Your mercy, which is new every morning.
In Jesus' name,
Amen

Lesson learned.
Love to all,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment