Monday, August 17, 2009

A very quiet house

It's been almost a week since I've posted and so much has happened this week. For those of you who don't know, my husband, Paul, travels a lot for his job and this month his travel schedule happens to be very hectic. Those of you with kids know what the month of August is like trying to get kids ready for school. Holden started last week, Cole starts tomorrow and Olivia doesn't have her first full day till September 10th.


I was talking to my dear friend and neighbor, Ms. Pam, the other day. I was telling her about my dilemma with no child care for Olivia till school starts. She has a house in Indiana and she asked if she could take Olivia up to Indiana to stay with her till after Labor Day. At first I was like, "No Way!" But then the more I thought about it, the more it sounded like a good idea. Reluctantly, Paul and I let her go. I say reluctantly because when is it ever easy to let your baby girl go?



She left on Friday. Today is Monday. The reality of her being gone has definately set it. The house is so quiet. The boys have been getting along so well. I have had so much time to myself. I haven't yelled at all.



On the flip side of that, the house is too quiet. I haven't had any munchkins climb in bed with me in the morning. I miss my baby girl.



I have to say every mom needs a break every once in a while. I needed this break in a bad way. It also has made me realize how much life she brings to this family. And we all miss her so much. She is off having the time of her life right now. She has seen the Beach Boys in concert. She is going to The American Girl Store in Chicago. She is going to see American Idol Top Ten on tour. She went to the zoo. I feel like my little mini-me is going to come back all grown up!



Lord, please watch over my precious Olivia while she is away from me. Keep her safe and comfort her when she gets homesick. Hold her in the palm of Your loving hand and surround her with angels while she sleeps. I ask this in Jesus' name.



Cole starts a new school tomorrow. The International School of Louisiana is a language immersion school and he will be learning Spanish. His teacher does not speak English so this should prove to be a very interesting school year. We are very excited and nervous at the same time. We don't know quite what to expect so I'll keep posting as the year goes by.



Thanks for taking time out to read my thoughts! God Bless You!



Love to all,



Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment