Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The word REGRET

I once thought there was a stigma attached to the words therapy and counseling. That is until I actually went to counseling and learned that sometimes you just need to talk about things to see it from a whole new perspective. With that being said, I am a believer in christian counseling not worldly therapy. If I'm going to get someone's advice on something, I want to make sure it's biblical advice. I get enough from the world everyday. I need more from the WORD not the world.

Anyway, in a counseling session today, the counselor mentioned the word regret. And within seconds, tears were streaming down my face. Why is it that word haunts me? I try and I try to get past the regret that I have about the day of Meme's funeral and the devil knows that it is a hurdle that I have yet to conquer. I'm glad it happened because I know I need to deal with it so that I can move on.

I still feel a lot of pain when I think of Aaron and how much I miss him but mostly the pain comes from knowing that I could never do that day over again. Wondering if Aaron really knew how I felt, how much I hated the fact that they(aunt, uncle, cousins) didn't live here anymore, that I only got to see them at Christmas. Wishing that I had more moments with him as he got older like I did when he was young. If he really knew that I loved him and Adam more like little brothers than cousins.

All I can hope for is that deep down, he knew. I'll definately ask him those things when I see him again. I have so many things I want to say to him. But first, I'm gonna wrap my arms around my cousin's neck and tell him that I love him.......................When I finally make it home.

Live life to the fullest. Live like there's no tomorrow. Live without regret.

Love to all,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment