Friday, May 15, 2009

A proud Mommy

Tonight was an awesome night. The only thing missing was my hubby who was flying home tonight but missed his connection. Cole had his Kindergarten graduation tonight. It was a really big deal (to him) and I had to be there. Holden, however was making his acting debut tonight as Lysander in A Kidsummer Nights Dream. Holden, being the gentleman that he is said, "Mom, its ok if you miss opening night. You can go to Cole's graduation.....as long as you come to at least one of my performances."

So I went to the graduation and Cole did awesome. He said his line perfectly and then took a bow. I was very proud of him. Then me and Cole jumped in the car and drove across town to catch the second half of Holden's play. Luckily for us, the play started a little late so we only missed the first scene.

I was so impressed by the acting chops of this cast of KIDS! Holden did a great job, never stumbling or forgetting his lines. He played the part so well! And the kids who had solos were amazing! They all definately have bright futures.

I am so blessed to have my three wonderful children. Holden is such a good boy.....so obedient and such a good big brother. I am so glad he has found something he is passionate about. Over the past year he has really discovered how much he loves to sing and now I think he can add acting to that too.

Cole is my funny man! What a great personality that kid has. He reminds me so much of my cousin Aaron, always trying to make people smile and laugh, and he loves music so much. When he hears music his body just starts moving. It's so funny....That kid has more rythm in his little pinky than some people have in their whole bodies. If my Paw Paw was still alive, he would get the biggest kick out of Cole!

And Olivia, my beautiful fairy princess! She went to Holden's play tonight with my good friend, Lundie and her niece, Jersee. Lundie bought the girls fairy tutus, wings and wands. She looked like Tinkerbell. My baby is turning 4 tomorrow! I'm so excited for her but kind of sad in a way. I can't believe how fast they are all growing up! Olivia is such a firecracker. She keeps me on my toes. Sometimes I don't know how to handle her and I get frustrated but then I think about how God created her. He created her little (I mean BIG) personality and gave her such leadership qualities. The things that challenge me the most now can turn out to be the things that get her through this life. I just need to pray for God to show me how to take this strong willed child and help her be the best that she can be.

And of course, I am so blessed to have my husband, Paul. I believe with my whole heart that God created Paul David Shannon specifically for me. He is such a wonderful husband and daddy. He tried so hard to get home tonight but his flight got delayed and he missed his connection in Houston. The next flight out of Houston is not until SUNDAY! So you know what he did? He rented a car and is driving home right now (5 hours) so he can be home when his baby girl opens her eyes on her birthday. That's my husband. I am so proud of him.

Thank you God for giving me these precious gifts to watch over and for blessing me with the best husband I could ever hope for.

That's all for tonight. Love to all.
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment