Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saturday at the Beach





All a girl can ask for is a perfect Saturday with her family. That is what I got. We woke up Saturday morning and went to Cole's baseball game. He continues to improve each and every game and I think he is definately a natural. After the game I suggested that we go home, grab our bathing suits and head toward the beach. After all, we do only live an hour and a half away from white sandy beaches. I wish I could say the water is blue too but I'll settle for white sand. So we were on our way by 11:30. We went to Long Beach and found a spot that was perfect. We had the whole beach to ourselves. Paul, Cole and Olivia braved the water and Holden played in the sand while I snapped pictures. This was a day for making memories and we definately made one.

Holden was on the lookout for jellyfish and saw several but no one seemed to be afraid to be in the water (except me and Holden, of course). Then it happened. My baby girl came running out of the water screaming! She got stung.........BAD! Paul saw the jellyfish and said it was huge. Both her feet and her leg got stung and her feet swelled up like pillows. After she calmed down and after an hour with the ice packs on it, she got up and enjoyed the rest of the day. Needless to say, she did not go back in the water. Neither did Cole.

Paul helped the kids build a sand castle and after a few hours we were ready to leave. We drove down the coast and got a bite to eat then we drove home. All in all, it was a great day. We even made up a rhyme for the day, "When Olivia was four she got stung by a man of war!" I hope my kids will remember this day forever. I know I will.
Love to all,
Holly








Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment