Saturday, June 13, 2009

Days Go By

It's been a while since I've posted. Things are pretty much the same. Olivia continues to challenge me daily. Sometimes I feel like a complete failure when it comes to raising her. She steals things and then hides them and then lies about it. Even though she knows if she gets caught, the consequences are bad. How much stuff can you take away from a 4 yr. old? I've read The Strong-Willed Child many times and it doesn't seem to be giving me any answers.
Spanking doesn't work and neither does Time Out. It seems amazing to me that this little human being who came out of my body and who is so completely dependant on me for everything she needs to live (food, clothing and shelter) can actually be so defiant and so willfully disobedient so much of the time!

I enjoy Cole and Holden so much and I want to be able to enjoy the time I spend with Olivia instead of constantly fussing and disciplining her all the time.

Dear Lord,
Help me to see Olivia the way you see her. Help me to be the kind of mother to her that you want me to be. Give me patience to deal with her and the strength to not give in. Give Olivia the desire to want to please Paul and me. Help us get through this. I know it is only for a season, Lord and that these days will go by quickly. I want to cherish all of my kids as they are growing up and I want to have lasting memories of their childhood. Good memories, that is. I know that if I trust in you completely, you will get me through this. I ask this in your precious son Jesus' name. Amen

Tomorrow is Sunday and I am expecting something from You, God! I can't wait to praise you and worship you!

That's all for now.
Love to all,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment